Learn What We’re Doing to Stay Safe
We continue to closely monitor the spread of COVID-19 and follow the guidelines of the CDC and state and local health officials to limit exposure for our staff and residents.
Effective March 17, we have expanded our precautionary efforts. A full list of our preventative measures are listed below. These will remain in effect until further notice.
- Community entry will be limited to essential visitors only (those necessary for resident care and community operations)
- Employees and essential visitors will receive daily temperature checks upon entry at all Belmont Village locations, and we will continue to take daily temperatures of our residents
- All routine social visits into the community are suspended
- We will not be hosting public events and all outings to public places with large gatherings are on hold – this includes malls, restaurants, theaters, museums and places of worship
- Essential visitors will be required to sign in at the Accushield kiosk and answer a health and travel questionnaire
- Dining hours have been expanded to limit group sizes and adhere to the social distancing protocol
- Room service will be provided upon request at no charge
- Snacks and limited light dining options will be pre-wrapped and available for grab and go in the Bistro
- Activities will continue in small groups, to reduce exposure and provide adequate space for recommended social distancing
- We strongly discourage residents from leaving the community at this time, in accordance with CDC recommendations that seniors remain in their homes.
- If a shelter-in-place order is issued by a local authority, we will adhere to it to safeguard our residents.
Restrictions to entry for Essential Visitors include:
- Signs or symptoms of illness such as fever, cough, sore throat or shortness of breath
- Recent contact with someone who is under investigation for COVID-19
- International travel or return from a cruise in the past 15 days
Our emergency preparedness plan is active and we continue to exercise an abundance of caution to protect our communities and all of their members.
Our cleaning procedures and frequency follow our expanded plan and CDC recommendations. We have also increased the amount of medical, food and service supplies at every community so that we remain prepared to provide uninterrupted service care and service for multiple weeks.
We know that visits are important to our families and residents and we apologize for any inconvenience. Though we continue to restrict all visits to the community, our teams will coordinate family visits during critical or time sensitive times.
Our teams are also working to provide multiple communications options to help you stay connected, including phone, email, Skype, FaceTime, and old-fashioned letter writing. We understand the importance of engaging mentally, physically and spiritually on a daily basis and we will continue to create these opportunities for our residents within the community.
Below are resources to help you stay informed and healthy. If any changes occur in our communities, our families will be notified directly. We will also continue to update this page with new information as available.
We appreciate your support, understanding and cooperation with these changes to help keep our residents and devoted teams healthy and safe.