Belmont Village Senior Living is uniquely positioned to partner with hospitals to prolong recovery periods and reduce the number of preventable readmissions of Medicare patients. We provide transitional care via short-term recovery stays as a mid-stage for patients between hospital and home. We have 7-day-a-week admission capability, with a licensed nurse on-site 24/7 to assess and monitor patients in recovery from conditions such as acute myocardial infarction, heart failure and pneumonia. Our nurses can also assist in managing underlying conditions such as diabetes. Licensed therapists provide physical, occupational and speech therapies in our on-site fitness center, to allow patients to seamlessly continue their rehab.
Stay longer, get stronger at Belmont Village
- Licensed nurses on-site 24/7
- 7 day admission capability
- Medications management
- Ability to provide injections and manage sliding scale diabetes
- Physical, occupational & speech therapy available onsite
- Electronic medication administration & records via Accuflo system
- On-site assessment by licensed nurse
- Ongoing care coordination with attending physician
- Daily scheduled transportation services
- Pharmacy services
- Fully furnished apartments in licensed communities
- Daily calendar of social, fitness & enrichment activity options
- Well-trained staff of caregivers on-site around-the-clock
- Special diets accommodated – nutritious, chef-prepared meals
- Per diem rate includes all care and ancillary services
- Well-being checks post-discharge to home
Top 5 Reasons for Medicare Readmissions
- One in four Medicare patients return home from the hospital without needed support for activities of daily living.
- Poor med management – either for the primary health issue or an underlying issue.
- Lack of socialization – unhealthy for the senior and reduces the likelihood of disease detection by others.
- Transportation limitations that result in reduced access to services and medications.
- Inability to prepare meals or properly manage nutrition.
Transitioning to Senior Living offers a positive solution
A brief recovery stay at an appropriately equipped, staffed and licensed community for continued professional observation and support can head off many of the leading causes of readmission. A successful bridge between
hospital and home helps patients and families better prepare to manage health on an ongoing basis and lessen the risk of future hospitalizations.