Harnessing the Power of Mindfulness to Alleviate Depression
Over 50,000,000 Americans take psychotropic medications that are mostly antidepressants. Only half achieve lasting results. Dr. Stuart Eisendrath teaches us about mindfulness-based cognitive therapy to alleviate depression and anxiety and helps people change their relationship with their thoughts and feelings.
This webinar provides tips that will help you:
- Understand the widespread nature of depression
- Identify thoughts and patterns that contribute to depressive behavior
- Identify mindful techniques you can practice at home to alleviate depression
- Develop a more loving and accepting relationship with yourself and others who suffer from depression
- Discover how mindfulness techniques can change brain function
Sign up to gain instant access to this recording.
Stuart Eisendrath, MD
Professor of Clinical Psychiatry Emeritus at UCSF and Author
Dr. Stuart Eisendrath is a psychiatrist who cares for patients with depressive disorders and leads groups in Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy to treat depression and anxiety. Dr. Eisendrath has authored many books on psychiatric disorders and using mindfulness to heal depression. He is the author of “When Antidepressants Aren’t Enough: Harnessing the Power of Mindfulness to Alleviate Depression.” He is also a distinguished fellow of the American Psychiatric Association and founding director of the UCSF Depression Center.