Find a Belmont Village Community
Belmont Village Staff and Training
Each of our team members plays an essential role in helping our residents have their best possible experience at Belmont Village and we think it’s important that our employees have their best experience, too. Our goal is to build dedicated teams who serve our residents with knowledge, compassion and respect, and who love coming to work every day. We’re happy to say that those who join us tend to stay—we have some of the longest tenured employees in senior living.
As a company, we put a high value and emphasis on employee learning and we offer growth opportunities at every level through our development programs. From new hire orientation to ongoing in-services, staff members receive training in our culture and standards in addition to specific training for their service areas. They also learn about the aging process, to help them gain a deeper understanding of our residents and their needs and preferences.
We believe there is a direct link between employee satisfaction and resident satisfaction, so we are proud that our dedicated staff have helped us garner the Great Place to Work certification since 2018. The certification process conducted by the Great Place to Work Institute, an independent research and consulting firm, reviews 1,500+ employee surveys each year that evaluate more than 60 elements of team members’ experience on the job. Based on the feedback of those employee surveys, we were also ranked on FORTUNE’S 2019 Top 50 Best Workplaces in Aging Services list in 2018 and 2019.
PROGRAMS AND OPPORTUNITIES
- Rising Stars initiative identifies and mentors employee talent and creates career paths for growth and skill development
- Management-in-Training programs fosters growth and prepares individuals for a variety of roles within our communities, expanding trainees’ knowledge in their fields and enhancing leadership and management skills with hands-on experience
- Operations Trainee Program prepares recent college graduates for memory care, assisted living and management-level roles within Belmont Village
- Bright Ideas Contest provides employees the opportunity to submit an idea on how to make Belmont Village even better
TRAINING AND BENEFITS
- Custom training programs developed and supported by dedicated corporate training department
- On-site training by expert senior living managers, with licensed trainers for special sessions
- 40+ hours orientation for all new hires with a competency/skill validation process
- Advanced dementia training for all staff, extra training hours for direct care team
- Internal memory care certification program
- Monthly in-service training for all employees
- Blended training methods reinforce learning and support different learning styles
A GREAT PLACE TO LIVE AND WORK
- Certified Great Place to Work
- Ranked on FORTUNE’s Best Workplaces in Aging Services
- Earned Argentum’s 2016 Commitment to Quality Programming Certification
- Certified Director of Assisted Living Credentials
- Argentum Senior Living Sales Counselor Certifications
A CUSTOM TRAINING EXPERIENCE
Every Belmont Village team member completes a training program designed by our in-house training team. One of our most impactful training exercises is called “The Aging Game.” This hands-on program is one of many exercises that are part of the 40-plus hours of training caregivers receive during their on-boarding, along with ongoing education throughout their employment. The Aging Game begins with a discussion of common myths of aging. It’s a reminder that, while there are some common issues, everyone does not age in the same way and it’s important to remain in the moment with each resident to learn his or her needs.
The exercise then uses specialized devices to help employees experience what it feels like to inhabit the body and mind of an older adult who may be experiencing some of the more common conditions of aging, from hearing impairment and dexterity limitations to balance disorders and visual impairment. Learn more about the aging game and how it’s changed our caregivers and residents’ lives for the better.